Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pinterest Addiction

I do not know what it is but I am soo addicted to Pinterest.  It has definitely inspired me to begin blogging again!  Not to mention go shopping daily to find the new outfits for the upcoming spring season.  Using Pinterest has also gotten me into Arts and Craft mode again!  Last year I did some Tissue Paper painting to fill these large picture frames I had.  This was a cheap and quick way to add some color to my bedroom walls that fit into the theme of black, red, white, and gray.  This was done by adding a base color to tissue paper and then adding design to the base color.  The tissue paper was then cut and collaged into the center of the frame.  
Since January my calendar has been out of date.  I was cleaning and found some of the left over tissue paper.  I also found an old frame I no longer had hanging in my room.  I decided to use this to make a new calander that I could use year round.  Here is how I did it....
I framed the top of the frame with the left over tissue paper.  I then printed out days of the week labels on the computer, as well as, boxes for each day of them month.  Underneath I used red and black construction paper to hide the cardboard base from the frame.
I then used a glue stick and double sided tape on the boxes to paste it all down.  The final result is....




So now instead of buying a new calender every year, I will be able to use a dry erase marker and change it from month to month.  (not to mention it matches the other picture frames in my room!)



No comments:

Post a Comment