Monday, March 7, 2011

Shoes, Sandals....and Boots!!

Weezie Wee! (No not a shoe name)
After a trip to the vet with my little man today I began thinking...We always had dogs named after shoes growing up...We had a dog named Shoes, a dog named Socks, a dog name Sandals,  and even a Dog named Adidas, but never Boots!! How could we forget the most important shoe of all?!

Okay Okay...so maybe this is more of a cat name, but with a Mom that loves shoes more than me I cannot see how this most important Shoe slipped her mind?!  So for my family skipping over this Icon of Fashion accessories I decided today I needed to blog about some of my favorites old and new!


Favorite Pair #1:  Forever 21 Laced Boots




 Love these boots!  The neutral color allows for many choices.   However, my favorite is a pair of dark skinnys with a Neutral  top or sweater.  The boots are great for a casual night out for dinner or can be dressed up even more for a weekend out!  Either way they are comfortable and will be a boot that takes you into the Spring!


Favorite Pair #2: Forever 21 Flat Boots

Working with little kids it is never easy to find outfits that work other than sweats sometimes...However, these boots are great for this time of year paired with skinnys and a casual top or sweater. Of course, I always have my Puffy Vest to go with them too!  Going from class to work and back again it is by far much easier to just wear casual stuff.  Rather than sweats and  hoodies day in and day out, these boots are a great way to keep a casual look with a pop of fashion!  Much like my first favorites, this boot is one that will take you into spring and is perfect during this time of year with the mild weather here and there.  One thing I'm not so sure about is seeing these paired with skirts and dresses?!  I think on the right person it would be cute, but for me I think I'll stick to my skinnys!

Favorite Pair #3: My Christmas Gift from Mom!

 Having a mom more into shoes than you is never a bad thing...especially when you wear the same size and when it comes to Christmas shopping you know your list is in good hands!  Just like the other one's above they are perfect for those casual days, but not so casual that you want to feel bummy!  These are definitely more of a Winter boot and with the more mild weather around the corner I'm thinking it will soon be time for these boots to find their way into the box to prepare for spring.  Don't want to say goodbye just yet, but I think (or more I hope) the warm weather is just around the corner.


Favorite Pair #4: Black Booties



This pair of booties was one of the best sale buys I made.  A few years ago, towards the end of the winter season I found these at Charlotte Russe for only $15!!  I really wanted a pair like this, but never really felt like splurging for something I wasn't sure was just a trend or something that would last a while.  Fortunately, I've gotten much use out of these.  Love pairing these with a pair of black leggings for a night out!  Definitely glad this trend has stuck around for a few years because I'm not ready to part with these just yet!

So a trip to the Vet for the Weez was not the most pleasant (as some of you may already have heard), but it made a great introduction for a blog post!  In hopes of warm weather soon...or at least "Springish" weather I will be sad to box up some of my boots until next Winter.  However, with a few pairs to take me into Spring I'm feeling okay with saying....See you next season!




No comments:

Post a Comment